Curbside Leaf Pickup Complete
All streets have been completed, and there will be no further curbside leaf pick up. Residents can bag leaves for compost pickup until Monday, December 13.
- Amherst (completed 12/3 at 2:30 pm)
- Bermuda (completed 12/3 at 3:30 pm)
- Cambridge East (completed 12/1 at 3:30 pm)
- Cambridge West (completed 12/1 at 1:45 pm)
- Devonshire (completed 12/3 at 4:30 pm)
- Elm Park Avenue (completed 12/2 at 4:00 pm)
- Elm Park Boulevard (completed 12/2 at 9:30 am)
- Fairwood (completed 12/3 at 3:30 pm)
- Kenberton (completed 12/2 at 1:00 pm)
- Kensington (completed 12/6 at 2:30 pm)
- Hanover (completed 12/1 at 11:45 am)
- Indiana (completed 12/6 at 1:00 pm)
- Maplefield (completed 12/2 at 4:00 pm)
- Maywood (completed 12/6 at 1:00 pm)
- Millington (completed 12/2 at 4:00 pm)
- Norwich (completed 12/1 at 3:30 pm)
- Oakdale (completed 12/2 at 1:00 pm)
- Oakland Park (completed 12/1 at 3:30 pm)
- Oxford (completed 12/1 at 2:45 pm)
- Poplar Park (completed 12/2 at 4:00 pm)
- Ridge (completed 12/2 at 4:00 pm)
- Sylvan (completed 12/3 at 10:30 am)
- Wellesley (completed 12/3 at 4:30 pm)
- Woodside Park (completed 12/2 at 4:00 pm)
- Woodward Heights (completed 12/3 at 10:30 am)
December 2 Update
All west side streets are completed. Any leaves placed in the street on the west side will not be picked up. Crews will start work on the east side next.
December 1 Update
November 29 Update
Weather has intervened and the start of the final leaf pickup is delayed, possibly until Wednesday, December 1. During snow events Brilar has to divert staff and equipment away from leaf pickup to snow removal for us and their other clients. This limits and delays their ability to pick up leaves from the street.
With the snow covering the leaves and the weather forecast calling for more wintry weather overnight tonight, we will be dealing with wet, saturated leaves. Brilar may have to bring in front end loaders and trailers to remove the leaves instead of the vacuum machines. If we continue seeing snow, it will delay our leaf pickup further.
The best thing you can do is to please keep all cars off the street during the day until your street is picked up. If cars are blocking access to leaves on the street, those leaves may not be able to be picked up.
When they are able to, Brilar will start work on the west side, and when all streets have been picked up for the last time they will move to the east side. Once your street has been picked up there will be no further curbside leaf pickups. If you put leaves in the street after the final pickup, you will be responsible for removing them from the street or they will be plowed back onto your lawn by the snow plows.
December weather can become a real challenge for leaf pickup, so we will not be extending the pickup window beyond what it takes to get this final round completed. You can place bagged leaves out for compost pickup until Monday, December 13. Thank you for your patience as we work with the weather to complete our final pickup round through the City.