The dog park is located at the north end of Gainsboro Park, and has entrances at the west end of Kensington by the train tracks and near the north end of Indiana.
There is an annual membership fee to access the dog park. Any Pleasant Ridge resident may purchase a membership. Current non-resident members may renew their membership, but we are not selling new memberships to non-residents.
Memberships may be purchased at City Hall during regular business hours. You must bring proof of your dog’s rabies vaccination when you purchase a membership. The membership pass will only be valid for the duration of your dog’s rabies vaccination.
The annual access fee is $40 for Pleasant Ridge residents and $70 for returning non-residents.
Dog Park Registration Requirements
- Registration is for Pleasant Ridge residents only. Non-residents who currently own a dog park pass may renew it. Resident cost is $40/year, returning non-resident cost is $70/year.
- Dogs must be at least six months of age, properly licensed, vaccinated, and spayed or neutered.
- Registrations are valid for one year from the date of registration.
- Dog park passholders may not transfer or loan their pass for use by non-members, allow entry to non-registered dog park users, or bring dogs into the dog park that are not licensed at the address where the passholder lives.
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and leaving the off-leash area and must always remain on a leash when outside of the off-leash area.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior or excessive barking must be immediately removed from the park. Aggressive behaviors can include, but are not limited to, guttural barking, lunging, baring teeth, and snarling.
- Owners must clean up and dispose of feces.
- Drones and all other motorized vehicles, toys, etc. are prohibited at the dog park.
- The minimum age for users is 18 years old. Children between the ages of 6-17 years of age may enter with a parent or guardian. Children younger than 6 years of age are strongly discouraged in the dog park.
- Use of the dog park is at the owner’s own risk.
- Users are legally responsible for their dog(s) and any injury and/or damages caused by their dog(s).
- Any violent attack by a dog on another dog or human is cause for immediate revocation of dog park access.
- Owners must comply with all other park rules and regulations.
- The City of Pleasant Ridge reserves the right to revoke dog park access to any user who is in violation of these rules.
For any questions regarding the Pleasant Ridge Dog Park, please call the Recreation Department at (248) 541-2902