Pets and Animals
- Dog licenses are required. The City uses Oakland County for Animal Control, and they will conduct a dog census during the summer so make sure your dog is licensed by June 1.
- You can purchase a one or three-year license for your dog online or at City Hall. The cost for a license is $7.50 for a spayed/neutered animal ($6.75 for senior residents age 65+), or $15.00 for an intact male/female animal ($13.50 for senior residents age 65+) if purchased before June 1. These prices also apply any time during the year for a new resident or new dog if licensed within 30 days of residency, and also for new puppies licensed before 5 months of age. The cost for a delinquent license after June 1 is $30.00 for all licenses.
General Animal Information
- Dogs are required to be on a leash at all times when on public property. This includes sidewalks and walking paths through parks. Dogs are only allowed off-leash in the dog park or on your own private property.
- Please – be considerate and pick up your dog’s waste. No one wants to look at or step in dog excrement.
- A maximum of three dogs and/or cats are allowed per household by City Ordinance.
Click Here for details about the Pleasant Ridge dog park, including how to become a member and gain access.