Pleasant Ridge Garden Club
About the Garden Club
The Pleasant Ridge Garden Club is a long standing contributor to the beauty of our city. Established in 1941, the club’s objectives are to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, and to promote conservation of our natural resources. We are a 501(c)(3), a non-profit organization. The Garden Club is actively involved in planting and maintaining many of the splendid gardens in our city, we also have educational programs for our club and for the community.
There are monthly meetings from September through June. We welcome any and all residents of Pleasant Ridge to attend our meetings and join the Pleasant Ridge Garden Club.
Latest Garden Club News
The Pleasant Ridge Garden Club is sponsoring a project to replace the fountain in Memorial Park. Images of the proposed fountain are shown at right. The PRGC asks that you please consider making a donation to help fund this project. The PRGC is an independent 501(C)(3) charitable organization, and your donation may be tax deductible.
The Pleasant Ridge Garden Club’s next meeting will be on Monday, April 1, 2019 at 4 Ridge. The agenda for the meeting is as follows: 10:00 am Business Meeting 11:00 am Program: Spring Ephemerals Presented by Cheryl English of Black Cat Pottery. Certified Advanced Master Gardner & Master Composter, member of Wildflower Association of America 12:00
Programs for the 2018-19 Year Include:
- Pleasant Ridge Wild Flower Garden Update
- The History of Flowers
- Holiday Tables
- Holiday Greens Workshop
- Home for the Holiday
- Project for Bird Shelter
- Pruning Do’s & Don’ts
- Trip to B. Nektar Meadery & Tap Room
- Spring Ephemerals
- Trip to Goldner Walsh
- Pleasant Ridge Home & Garden Tour
- Gardens Planting & Clean up
Junior Garden Club
The Garden Club is the proud organizer of the Junior Garden Club. This club is for elementary school aged children, which helps to introduce them to the joys of gardening. The programs are based on creating a craft or planting with a gardening theme.
Current and Ongoing Projects
The garden club:
- Organized and helped fund the installation of vintage lampposts along the “President’s Path” in Stevenson Park.
- Sponsors the “Home for the Holiday” home tour with proceeds going to community gardens and projects.
- Provides weekly flower arrangements for the Community Center public area.
- Decorates City Hall public areas for the holidays.
- Contributes to the PR Foundation Auction.
- Assists the Historical Commission in the Home & Garden Tour.
Please contact Fran Schaefer @ 248.543.1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.