Pleasant Ridge Garden Club
About the Garden Club
The Pleasant Ridge Garden Club is a long standing contributor to the beauty of our city. Established in 1941, the club’s objectives are to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, and to promote conservation of our natural resources. We are a 501(c)(3), a non-profit organization. The Garden Club is actively involved in planting and maintaining many of the splendid gardens in our city, we also have educational programs for our club and for the community.
There are monthly meetings from September through June. We welcome any and all residents of Pleasant Ridge to attend our meetings and join the Pleasant Ridge Garden Club.
Latest Garden Club News
All are invited to the PR Garden Club’s March meeting. Program: Proven Winner signature garden designer Ian McGreevy and product development manager John Miller will show us what’s new in form, color, and texture. Date: Monday, March 2. Brunch ($5.00) at 10:45am, program begins at 11:45am. Location: Community Center, 4 Ridge Road. RSVP appreciated –
All are invited to the PR Garden Club’s February Meeting on Monday, Feb 3rd at 4 Ridge. Program begins at 7:15 PM. The program features Belle Isle Conservancy Volunteer, Richard Harris who will present information about the Piet Outdoor Garden that will bloom and grow on the island. No RSVP necessary.
Programs for the 2018-19 Year Include:
- Pleasant Ridge Wild Flower Garden Update
- The History of Flowers
- Holiday Tables
- Holiday Greens Workshop
- Home for the Holiday
- Project for Bird Shelter
- Pruning Do’s & Don’ts
- Trip to B. Nektar Meadery & Tap Room
- Spring Ephemerals
- Trip to Goldner Walsh
- Pleasant Ridge Home & Garden Tour
- Gardens Planting & Clean up
Junior Garden Club
The Garden Club is the proud organizer of the Junior Garden Club. This club is for elementary school aged children, which helps to introduce them to the joys of gardening. The programs are based on creating a craft or planting with a gardening theme.
Current and Ongoing Projects
The garden club:
- Organized and helped fund the installation of vintage lampposts along the “President’s Path” in Stevenson Park.
- Sponsors the “Home for the Holiday” home tour with proceeds going to community gardens and projects.
- Provides weekly flower arrangements for the Community Center public area.
- Decorates City Hall public areas for the holidays.
- Contributes to the PR Foundation Auction.
- Assists the Historical Commission in the Home & Garden Tour.
Please contact Fran Schaefer @ 248.543.1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.