Construction of the Woodward streetscape and cycle track will start during the week of June 26, 2023. For more information about the project, including renderings of what the streetscape will look like when completed, please refer to the project webpage at:
You can also sign up for email project updates at this link.
Here is the latest information about the project (all dates subject to change due to weather, MDOT, contractor schedules, etc.):
- Construction is scheduled to begin the week of June 26, 2023, and will be completed by mid-November.
- Merlo Construction is the primary contractor you will see working on this project.
- On-street parking will temporarily not be available during the project. Public parking will be available in the public parking lots at Wellesley and Fairwood, and on side streets where allowed.
- One or two lanes will be closed on Woodward and Main Street between Sylvan and I-696 during the length of the project.
- Unfortunately, 11 honeylocust trees will be removed, but most of the existing trees will be preserved and 24 new trees will be planted, resulting in a net increase of 13 trees.
We will have more detailed updates about the project as it progresses.