Please see the following from the 45th District Court:
In light of Governor Whitmer declaring a State of Emergency in Michigan regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, the 45th District Court is modifying its usual operations and procedures as described below until further notice to ensure the health and safety of the community, while continuing to provide access to justice.
- Currently scheduled cases that can reasonably be postponed are being adjourned for 60 days. If a case is being adjourned, you will be notified by the court.
- If you receive a traffic ticket, contact the court by phone for further instructions.
- All jury trials are adjourned. No jurors are required to report.
- All individuals on probation must contact their Probation Officer by phone or e-mail for instructions on how to report in the future.
- Until further notice, all walk-in arraignments are cancelled.
- No weddings will be scheduled until further notice.
- If you have a court date that has not been adjourned, but you are unable to attend, you may contact the court by phone and request an adjournment.
- If you must report to court, please refrain from bringing any unnecessary people with you.
Please consider the health of your fellow citizens and our court personnel. If you suspect you may have coronavirus or believe that you have had contact with someone who may have coronavirus, please refrain from entering the courthouse. If you have any questions, please call 248-691-7440.