The Governor issued Executive Order 2020-176 today, allowing gyms and fitness centers to re-open on September 9. The Pleasant Ridge wellness center will be open that day. There will be some new operating procedures consistent with the Governor’s orders and basic health and safety concerns.
Wellness Center Re-Opening Plan
Pleasant Ridge Parks & Recreation is excited to reopening our Wellness Center on September 9! The wellness center will operate with adjustments to maintain compliance with the Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Monday-Thursday 8am – 7:30pm
- Friday 8am – 3pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm
- Closed on Sunday
Workouts will be limited to one-hour time blocks with capacity limited to 5 persons per hour. The facility will be closed for thirty (30) minutes between each time block for cleaning/disinfection/sanitation.
Reservations will be required. Registration times will open one week in advance. Each resident will be limited to one one-hour time block per day. The registered name must match the person using the wellness center.
Register for time blocks at: pleasantridge.activityreg.com
If you do not have the ability to make reservations online, please call the Recreation Department at 248-541-2902 to request your work out time.
- Residents 18 and over may use the facility. Residents ages 16 and 17 may use the facility if accompanied by an adult relative.
- Residents must enter and exit through the Community Center doors. The Wellness Center doors will remain locked for the time being.
- Residents will check-in at the front desk and fill out the health questionnaire before entering the Wellness Center.
- Staff will do temperature checks of everyone entering the building and anyone with a temperature over 99.5 degrees will not be allowed in the facility.
- Capacity will be limited to 25% of maximum (four users maximum during each time block).
- Staff and residents that feel symptomatic need to avoid using the Wellness Center for the safety of others.
- Residents must always maintain 6 feet of distance from other people.
- Residents must bring a mask and wear it over your nose and mouth the entire time while indoors, including while working out.
- Residents are encouraged to sanitize/wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after working out. Hand sanitizer stations are available.
- Residents must disinfect all equipment before and after each use. Supplies will be available.
- Failure to observe any of the safety precautions will result in a warning. Any repeat offense will result in removal from the facility and suspension of fitness center privileges.
- Residents must bring their own towels and gear.
- Free weights and exercise mats will not be available for use.
- The community center restrooms will be available, but the lockers or showers will not be available for use.
- Water fountains will be closed, but the water bottle filler will be available. Bring your own water bottles.
- No indoor group exercise classes or programming.
- No personal training will be allowed due to the capacity limitations.
We will monitor our revised operating procedures and will adjust as necessary as we gain experience operating the facility during COVID-19 and consistent with evolving State guidance.