The Huntington Woods library is the home library for Pleasant Ridge residents who can obtain a library card, and can participate in all programs and events. Click Here for the main events page.
Following are the February, 2021 library events:
- First Time Storytime (Recurring event each Monday/Wednesday – 10:30-11:00 am). Books, rhymes, crafts and socialization with infant and toddler friends and their caregivers.
- PreSchool Storytime (Recurring event each Monday/Wednesday – 11:15-11:45 am). Books, rhymes, crafts and socialization with preschool friends.
- PJ Storytime (Recurring event each Thursday – 6:30-7:00 pm). Wear your comfy PJs and join us for bedtime books, poems, and rhymes.
- Read Woke (Recurring event each Thursday – 4:00-4:45 pm). Best for Grade 3 and up. Read and discuss novels with themes of social justice together. No outside reading required. Register to receive a Zoom address.
- Tooth Time Tuesday (Tuesday, February 9th – 4:00-5:00 pm). All ages welcome. Celebrate National Dental Health month with a special guest dentist storytime, dental themes, games, and activities.
- Valentine Card Making (Sunday, February 14th – 11:00 am-12:00 pm). All ages welcome. Make two cards to celebrate your love for special people in your life. All materials provided and all ages welcome. Covid Modifications will be emailed out as needed.
- Family Trivia Day (Sunday, February 21st – 1:00-2:00 pm). Register your family for a friendly trivia contest. Topics may include pop culture, animals, natural features, etc. Questions read at about a 3rd Grade level. All ages are welcome on each team.
- Black History Month Tribute (Tuesday, February 23rd – 4:00-5:00 pm). All ages welcome. Celebrate the impact of Black History through trivia, games, and fact-finding. Learn historical facts and plan ways that we can continue to honor this month in our own community.
- Zoom Cooking with Jane Alkon – Totally Scrumptious Gingersnap Cookies with Orange Glaze (Wednesday, February 10th – 7:00-8:30 p.m.)
- The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer Investigation (Wednesday, February 17th – 7:00-8:30 pm.). Marney Keenan will be discussing her book “The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer Investigation.”
- Book Discussion Group (Recurring fourth Monday of the every month – 7:30-9:00 pm – This month on Monday, February 22nd). Join our ever-popular book discussion group. Please call the library (248-543-9720) for book titles, the Zoom address and more information about this lively book discussion group.
- Anti-Racism Film Series with Dr. Tara Hayes (Will be recurring each month – This month on Wednesday, February 24th – 6:30-9:00 pm). As part of the City of Huntington Woods Anti-Racism Plan, we invite you to join us for a new monthly film discussion group with Dr. Tara Hayes. To participate, screen the monthly film in advance of the discussion then join us via Zoom on the discussion date. Register for each month and a meeting link will be e-mailed prior to the meeting. Each movie has been paired with a chapter from Dr. Kendi’s best-selling “How to be an Anti-Racist”. Participants are encouraged to read it in its entirety. This month’s movie/chapter to pre-screen is Daughters of the Dust, 1991 – paired with Chapter 5: Ethnicity.