Voters can spoil their absentee ballot until 4 pm the day before the election (in other words, 4 pm on Monday, March 9).
If you want to spoil your absentee ballot and receive a new one you must provide a written, signed notice requesting to spoil your ballot and receive a new ballot. You can provide your request to spoil to the City the following ways:
- In person at City Hall,
- Via USPS mail
- Placing it in the drop box at the entrance to City Hall
- Emailing a scanned copy of your signed, written notice to the City Clerk at email@example.com
- Fax your signed, written notice to 248-541-2504
With the tight time frame, stopping in to City Hall would be the best bet. Otherwise we will have to mail you a new ballot to your house, or you will have to stop by City Hall to pick up your new ballot.
A voter can bring the ballot you would like to spoil with you or we can pull it from the stack if we have already received it.
City Hall will be open on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 3 – 8am – 5pm
- Wednesday, March 4 – 8am – 5pm
- Thursday, March 5 – 8am – 5pm
- Friday, March 6 – CLOSED
- Saturday, March 7 – 9am – 5pm
- Sunday, March 8 – CLOSED
- Monday, March 9 – 8 am – 4 pm*
* Requests will only be accepted in person at City Hall on Monday, March 9. You must submit your written notice by 4 pm on this date, and you will have to vote your absentee ballot in person at City Hall while you are here. You will not be able to take your ballot with you from City Hall.
Please call City Hall with any questions – 248-541-2901