The Huntington Woods library is the home library for Pleasant Ridge residents who can obtain a library card, and can participate in all programs and events. Click Here for the main events page.
Following are the March, 2021 library events:
- First Time Storytime (Recurring event each Monday/Wednesday – 10:30-11:00 am). Books, rhymes, crafts and socialization with infant and toddler friends and their caregivers.
- PreSchool Storytime (Recurring event each Monday/Wednesday – 11:15-11:45 am). Books, rhymes, crafts and socialization with preschool friends.
- PJ Storytime (Recurring event each Thursday – 6:30-7:00 pm). Wear your comfy PJs and join us for bedtime books, poems, and rhymes.
- Read Woke (Recurring event each Thursday – 4:00-4:45 pm). Best for Grade 3 and up. Read and discuss novels with themes of social justice together. No outside reading required. Register to receive a Zoom address.
- Family Trivia Days (Sunday, May 16th – 11 am to
Bring your family, neighbors and friends of all ages for a fun trivia contest. Topics include pop culture, animals, natural features, etc. Questions will be read at about a 3rd grade level, all ages are welcome on each team. Attend one or all dates.
- How Could the Holocaust Happen? – with Wendy Evans (Wednesday, May 19th – 7:00-8:30 pm)
Adolph Hitler understood the power of art. Nazi cultural policies were inextricably linked to their other goals. Wendy’s presentation looks at Nazi-approved art, as well as art the Nazis denigrated to explore how the National Socialists used art during the Third Reich to promote their ideaology an further their racial, social, and military objectives.
- Senior Artistic Salon – A Festive Gathering (Wednesday, May 26th – 12:30-2:30 pm) Sponsored by the Friends of the Library – In-Person Event!
All ages welcome. Held at the south end of the Library parking lot. In recognition of Older Person’s Month, join us for a celebration of seniors through art and music, featuring: Music by Jazz Artist Charles Greene, Live Painting by Painter/Musician Tom Picard, Mixed Media Art Display by Artist Jean Casey, and Charcoal Renderings by F.R. Gagliano. Space is limited so sign up today!
- Films about Film Series with Dr. Tara Hayes (Will be recurring each month – This month on Wednesday, May 26th – 6:30-9:00 pm)