On Sunday, November 15 Governor Whitmer issued a new emergency order in response to rising COVID-19 cases. The City has reviewed our operations in light of this new emergency order, and are taking the following actions:
- City Hall will remain open from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Thursday. Residents are encouraged to pay bills online or through the drop box outside the front door to limit contact with staff for our and your safety. All credit card fees are being refunded via an account credit for online utility bill payments. City water/utility bills can be paid online at this link.
- The wellness center will remain open, however, we are reducing the maximum capacity per time block to four (4) residents to allow compliance with the new standards for fitness centers in the executive order. Residents must pre-register for wellness center workout times online.
- All exercise and group classes are being cancelled until further notice.
- The Christmas tree lighting ceremony which was scheduled for December 7 is cancelled. The event had already been pared down, with no food, caroling, or Santa Claus, but in light of the new order we will err on the side of caution and cancel the event altogether. While there will be no ceremony, the Christmas tree in Memorial Park will be lit starting December 7.
- Photos with Santa, which will occur outdoors at 4 Ridge, will proceed as planned. All time slots for photos with Santa are sold out.
Thanks for your continued patience and understanding.